Are you the user of OnePlus 6T and looking to root OnePlus 6T which is running on Android 10? if the answer is yes, then today you are on the right page. Today in this article, we are going to show you How to Root OnePlus 6T. Many users of OnePlus 6T requested me to create a perfect rooting guide. So, today here I am with the working guide of OnePlus 6T Root. If you search online then you will find there thousands of articles guiding how to root OnePlus 6T but in reality, half of them are just crap and are written just to get views and nothing else.
Now as we know recently OnePlus rolled out global Android 10 update for OnePlus 6T users and now there are users who want to root their unrooted OnePlus 6T but users are finding it difficult to root OnePlus 6T on Android 10 and currently, there is so much of confusion in rooting OnePlus 6T on Android 10 because of lack of proper guidance, that’s why we decided to guide all OnePlus 6T users to root their device.
There are basically two methods to root OnePlus 6T, one is by using TWRP recovery and SuperSu Zip to root and another one is by using Magisk. Now the thing is I personally found TWRP method on the easiest side but many people are dicy in opting for this method because of no official TWRP image for OnePlus 6T. Anyway, I am writing both the method below and you can choose any method to root your OnePlus 6T.
Now before you root your device you must know what exactly is rooting so read below to know about rooting a smartphone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is a method that is used to get full control of your smartphone directly in your hand. When you first purchase your smartphone then it comes in completely stocked which means you can only use those features that are provided by the company and you can not go use more features other than those features and customization. Now many of us want to customize Android smartphones according to our need and that is the reason why people Root their device so that they can do whatever they want to do with their device. However, along with the advantages, there are some serious disadvantages too. Some of the disadvantages are like warranty void, yes you read it right, once you root your device the warranty of your device will be gone forever so I always suggest you to think twice before rooting.
Now let’s move forward to our guide on How to Root OnePlus 6T on Android 10.
- Your device should be at least 50% or more charged.
- Latest OnePlus 6T Firmware.
- SuperSu Zip File.
- TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6T.
- Magisk for OnePlus 6T
- ADB and Fastboot driver.
- PayloadDumper Software.
How to Root OnePlus 6T on Android 10
Method1: Root OnePlus 6T using TWRP Recovery and SuperSu Zip
Install TWRP Recovery:
- First of all, download the TWRP recovery image file from the above download section.
- Copy the TWRP file in any folder of your PC or Laptop.
- Now take the USB cable and connect your OnePlus 6T to your PC/Laptop.
- Download ADB and Fastboot driver from the above download section.
- Install the ADB and Fastboot driver and open it and type the following command once it is opened.
ADB Fastboot devices. (This will let you know whether your device is connected properly to PC or not if it doesn’t then follow the third step again and download OnePlus USB driver if needed)
- Now type:
Fastboot Flash TWRP.img(here comes the name of the TWRP image which you downloaded in the first step).
- Now type:
Now your device will restart with TWRP recovery installed in it. Now to flash supersu zip follow the below steps.
Flash SuperSu Zip on OnePlus 6T:
- First of all, you need to download the SuperSu Zip from the above download section.
- Once the download is complete you need to place the Zip in any safe folder, either in SD card or internal storage.
- Once that is done make sure to charge your mobile device to at least 50% percentage to avoid any unwanted problem.
- Now you need to boot your device into custom recovery and to do so, you need to first power off your device and then hold the Power button + Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Once you have successfully booted into TWRP recovery, you will see a screen like this:
- Now, you have to tap on the install button then browse the location where you have pasted the SuperSu Zip and then select the SuperSu file and then Swipe right to start the installation process.
- Now once you are done flashing process, simply go back and click on the Reboot button to restart your device.
Root OnePlus 6T with Magisk Method:
- Now first of all download Magisk from the above download section.
- Now download the latest OnePlus 6T Android OTA update based on OxygenOS 10.x.x.
- Extract the file and take out the payload.bin from it.
- Now download PayloadDumper software from the above download section.
- Now once the software is opened paste ‘payload.bin’ inside the “payload input” folder.
- Click on the Run button and wait for few minutes.
- Once the process is done, you’ll get a boot.img file.
- Now copy the boot.img in the root folder of your device.
- Now it is the time to open the Magisk Manager and then go to Install>>Select and Patch File.
- Select the boot.img file.
- Now it will the boot.img file and in the end, you will get the file named as patched magisk_patched.img.
- Now with the help of USB cable connect your device to your PC.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot tool in your PC.
- Now open ADB and Fastboot tool and type the following command there:
fastboot devices(This will let you know whether your device is connected properly to PC or not if it doesn’t then follow the third step again and download OnePlus USB driver if needed).
- Now type:
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Now in the last, type:
Now your device will reboot and with root access in it. You can cross-check whether your device is rooted or not by downloading an application called root checker.
If you still have some doubts or you are stuck at any part then do comment below and I’ll try to help you as soon as possible.