Samsung is now done with updating its all flagship smartphone to the latest Android 10 and now it looks like Samsung is all set to roll out Android 10 update for their budget and midrange smartphones as today Samsung released a new Android 10 update for Samsung Galaxy M40 via OTA in India. Samsung Galaxy M40 users were waiting for this update from a very long time and now finally their wait ends here and now all the users of Galaxy M40 can enjoy One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 on their Galaxy M40. The update along with Android 10 carries the latest security patch of March as well and some minor bug fixes too. Here is the screenshot of the update notification which is captured directly from Galaxy M40.
This update carries the size of around 1.7GB and rolling out via OTA(Over-the-air) in the Indian region as of now. The build number of the update is M405FDDU2BTB5. If you are too from India and you still didn’t receive the update notification of Android 10 on Galaxy M40 then you can check manually for the update by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update and if there is any update there then you can install the update simply in one click.
And for those who are from different regions and they too want to enjoy Android 10 on their Galaxy M40 device then the best thing you guys can do is download One UI 2.0 based Android 10 firmware and then flash it on your Galaxy M40 manually. Below we have shared the download link of Android 10 stock firmware for Galaxy M40, so, if you are interested in downloading it then just scroll down and follow the below steps to obtain the firmware link of Android 10 for Galaxy M40.
Download Stable Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy M40 One UI 2.0
Now if you are interested in downloading Android 10 One UI 2.0 full firmware for Galaxy M40 then you can do that very easily by taking the help of a tool called SamFirm. After downloading you will get a .TAR extension file firmware which you can easily flash yourself using Odin tool. Now if you don’t know how to download then follow the below steps.
- First of all download the Samfirm tool.
- Once the download is complete then install the Tool on your PC and launch it.
- Now you need to enter the model number of your Samsung Galaxy M40, you can go to Settings >> About Phone to find the model number of your device.
- Now you need to find the Country Specific Product Code which is DBT (Exynos) and CHA for Snapdragon.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check to decrypt automatically box.
- Hit the check updates option.
- Now click the download button.
Now, this tool will download the latest Stable Android 10 firmware for your Samsung Galaxy M40. Now you just need to wait and once the download is complete copy the firmware in any safe folder and now you are ready to flash the firmware on your device.
How to Install Stable Android 10 One UI 2.0 Update on Samsung Galaxy M40 via Odin Tool
As I already said, this method will wipe all the data from your device like photos, contacts, apps, etc. It is very much important to take the complete backup of your device first and then follow the below instructions.
- The first step is to Download the Odin Tool and working Samsung USB Driver if you haven’t already.
- Now you need to install the Odin tool in your PC and launch it.
- Now boot your Galaxy M40 in download mode, to do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons simultaneously.
- Once you reach the download mode, the next step is to connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- You can make sure if the device is connected or not properly by checking if Added is showing on Odin tool or not if it is not showing which means either you don’t have working USB drivers or the Cable is faulty.
- Now extract the firmware zip file to get TAR image files. Add the firmware files to Odin.
- Now you need to add the firmware in [AP] slot.
- Now you need to check on “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”.
- Now click the Start button.
Now the tool will start doing its job and within a matter of few minutes, Stable Android 10 firmware will be installed on your Galaxy M40. You’ll see a green message PASS which means the firmware is successfully installed. Now you get out of the download mode by holding Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds.
Done! That’s how you can extract and install the latest Android 10 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy M40 device. If you are still in some doubt then do let us know in the below comment section and we will try to help you as soon as possible.