It is the time when every other OEM is pushing the latest Android 10 update for their device. Talking about Samsung, Samsung has also done a good job in providing the update for its device and recently Samsung released the stable update for its previous year flagship that was Samsung Galaxy S10 series and Samsung Galaxy Note 9. However, for Samsung Galaxy S9 series smartphone Samsung released 6 Beta update and now here comes the good news, Samsung just released Stable Android 10 update based on One UI 2.0 for Exynos Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ in Europe via OTA. Now you guys can upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus to the latest Android 10 Stable One UI 2.0 Firmware.
The build number of the stable Android 10 update is G965FXXU7DTAA for the Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965F) and G960FXXU7DTAA for the regular Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) and the size of the update package is almost 2GB. As the size of the update is quite big so we recommend everyone to connect their device with Wifi or stable mobile data connection to avoid any issue while downloading the update. Also as I said the above update is currently rolling out via OTA(Over-the-air) and that too in Europe only if you live in Europe then you’ll shortly receive a notification on your Exynos Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus about the latest Android 10 Update One Ui 2.0. If you can not wait for the OTA update to reach you then you can update your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus to stable Android 10 now by installing the firmware. You can download and install Android 10 based One UI 2.0 Stock firmware on Exynos Galaxy S9/S9+ doesn’t matter if you are in Europe or not, even if you are from the USA and having snapdragon Galaxy S9 Plus (SM-G965U) and G960USQU7DTA5 for the regular Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U).
The major highlight of the update is obviously the latest Android 10 and along with that, there are some more new features like the latest Security Patch of January 2020. You can now enjoy all the interesting Android 10 Features on your device. Here is the screenshot of the update notification.
Now if you do not want to wait for the OTA notification then the only option you are left is flashing the Android 10 based One UI 2.0 Stock Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus with the help of Odin Tool. Now keep the thing in mind if you use this method then your data will be lost at the time of factory reset, so, it is highly recommended to backup your important data and files before proceeding further. You can Download stable Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ by following the below instructions.
Download Stable Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus One UI 2.0
Update: Now we have Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Android 10 firmware, so if you are interested in downloading the Android firmware for your device then you can do it from the below link:
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965F: Download
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus SM-G965N: Download
Now if you are interested in downloading Android 10 One UI 2.0 full firmware for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus then you can do that very easily by taking the help of a tool called SamFirm. After downloading you will get a .TAR extension file firmware which you can easily flash yourself using Odin tool. Now if you don’t know how to download then follow the below steps.
- First of all download the Samfirm tool.
- Once the download is complete then install the Tool on your PC and launch it.
- Now you need to enter the model number of your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, you can go to Settings >> About Phone to find the model number of your device.
- Now you need to find the Country Specific Product Code which is DBT (Exynos) and CHA for Snapdragon.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check to decrypt automatically box.
- Hit the check updates option.
- Now click the download button.
Now, this tool will download the latest Stable Android 10 firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. Now you just need to wait and once the download is complete copy the firmware in any safe folder and now you are ready to flash the firmware on your device.
How to Install Stable Android 10 One UI 2.0 Update on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus via Odin Tool
As I already said, this method will wipe all the data from your device like photos, contacts, apps, etc. It is very much important to take the complete backup of your device first and then follow the below instructions.
- The first step is to Download the Odin Tool and working Samsung USB Driver if you haven’t already.
- Now you need to install the Odin tool in your PC and launch it.
- Now boot your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus in download mode, to do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons simultaneously.
- Once you reach the download mode, the next step is to connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- You can make sure if the device is connected or not properly by checking if Added is showing on Odin tool or not if it is not showing which means either you don’t have working USB drivers or the Cable is faulty.
- Now extract the firmware zip file to get TAR image files. Add the firmware files to Odin.
- Now you need to add the firmware in [AP] slot.
- Now you need to check on “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”.
- Now click the Start button.
Now the tool will start doing its job and within a matter of few minutes, Stable Android 10 firmware will be installed on your Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. You’ll see a green message PASS which means the firmware is successfully installed. Now you get out of the download mode by holding Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds.
If you have any queries or you are stuck at any part of the guide then do comment below, I’ll try to solve your queries as soon as possible.