Galaxy Note 9 users waited so long for the new One UI 2.1 update, they have been waiting for almost two months or you can say since the day when Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series got the One Ui 2.1 Update and now finally Galaxy Note 9 users can have the breath of relief as Samsung now started rolling out the latest One Ui 2.1 Update for Galaxy Note 9 via OTA. So, if you are the user of Samsung Galaxy Note 9 then this article is extremely helpful for you as we have provided the latest One UI 2.1 firmware for Galaxy Note 9 so you can install download One Ui 2.1 Update on your Galaxy Note 9 right away.
As I already said the new One Ui 2.1 update for Galaxy Note 9 is rolling out via OTA (Over-the-air) which means the update will take some time to reach every region. Usually, the OTA process takes about a week or two to complete, however, if you can’t wait for the OTA update to reach you, you can directly download One Ui 2.1 firmware on Galaxy Note 9 and install it manually on your device.
The New One UI 2.1 Update comes with many new and amazing features, you will get almost every features of flagship Galaxy S20 once you update your device to One UI 2.1. The build number of the One Ui 2.1 update for Galaxy Note 9 carries N960FXXU5ETF5 for the Exynos or global variants and the update also comes with the latest June security patch. The update right now is live only in Germany and we expect within few days the rollout will be global but it doesn’t matter from which region you are as long as we have OTA update file and complete full One Ui 2.1 firmware of Galaxy Note 9. You can download and install One Ui 2.1 update on Galaxy Note 9 by following the below method but before that have a look at One Ui 2.1 changelog for Galaxy Note 9.
One Ui 2.1 for Galaxy Note 9: Changelog
- Quick Share
- Music Share
- Deep sleeping apps
- Changes in few settings pages
- More screen zoom options
- Created seperated keyboard category.
- Added Live Captions in missing features.
- Changed the design of the list a bit.
- Single Take
- Pro Video
- AR Zone (Picture Link, updated AR Emoji)
- AR Doodle
- My Filters
- Shot Suggestions
- Selfie Tone
- Smooth zoom transition
- Recording with shutter button in Photo mode
- Swipe down gesture on the shutter button
- Night Mode on selfie camera
- Zooming in Night Mode
- Changed “Night Mode on telephoto” to “Zooming in Night Mode” because it almost always just crops from normal camera
- My Files – Network Storage
- Gallery – Quick Crop and Clean View
- Messages – Categories and custom chat backgrounds
- Samsung Dex – Snapping windows with mouse
- Link to Windows/Your Phone – Shared clippoard
- Added Clean View to Gallery app
- Added Dex and Your Phone apps
- New design
- Better haptic feedback (for example when deleting text)
- Undo/Redo gestures
- Spotify and Netflix integration
- Search, Translate and Samsung Pass were added
- Changes in Handwriting mode
Download One Ui 2.1 Update on Galaxy Note 9
Now you can either download One Ui 2.1 OTA update for Galaxy Note 9 from below download link or you can download the complete firmware One Ui 2.1 Galaxy Note 9.
Downloads: (stable ETF5)
- Exynos Galaxy Note 9 One UI 2.1 | Download DTE2 to ETF5
Note: To check whether your device is eligible or not, first of all, open the dialer app and type *#1234# now if OXM is listed in the CSC-build then you are good to go.
How to Install One Ui 2.1 OTA Update on Galaxy Note 9
- First of all, download the OTA zip from the above download section.
- Rename the downloaded file to update.zip and transfer the file to your SD card.
- Reboot your Galaxy phone into Recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, select apply update from SD card with the help of volume up and down buttons.
- Navigate to the downloaded file and press the power button to proceed.
- Wait until the installation gets done.
Second Method: Download Galaxy Note 9 One Ui 2.1 Firmware
Now if you are interested in downloading Android 10 One UI 2.1 full firmware for Galaxy Note 9 then you can do that very easily by taking the help of a tool called SamFirm. After downloading you will get a .TAR extension file firmware which you can easily flash yourself using Odin tool. Now if you don’t know how to download then follow the below steps.
- First of all download the Samfirm tool.
- Once the download is complete then install the Tool on your PC and launch it.
- Now you need to enter the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you can go to Settings >> About Phone to find the model number of your device.
- Now you need to find the Country Specific Product Code which is DBT (Exynos) and CHA for Snapdragon.
- Input the model number and region code.
- Select or check the Auto box.
- Also, check to decrypt automatically box.
- Hit the check updates option.
- Now click the download button.
Now, this tool will download the latest Stable Android 10 firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Now you just need to wait and once the download is complete copy the firmware in any safe folder and now you are ready to flash the firmware on your device.
How to Install Stable One UI 2.1 Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 via Odin Tool
As I already said, this method will wipe all the data from your device like photos, contacts, apps, etc. It is very much important to take the complete backup of your device first and then follow the below instructions.
- The first step is to Download the Odin Tool and working Samsung USB Driver if you haven’t already.
- Now you need to install the Odin tool in your PC and launch it.
- Now boot your Galaxy Note 9 in download mode, to do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power Buttons simultaneously.
- Once you reach the download mode, the next step is to connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- You can make sure if the device is connected or not properly by checking if Added is showing on Odin tool or not if it is not showing which means either you don’t have working USB drivers or the Cable is faulty.
- Now extract the firmware zip file to get TAR image files. Add the firmware files to Odin.
- Now you need to add the firmware in [AP] slot.
- Now you need to check on “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”.
- Now click the Start button.
Now the tool will start doing its job and within a matter of few minutes, Stable One Ui 2.1 firmware will be installed on your Galaxy Note 9. You’ll see a green message PASS which means the firmware is successfully installed. Now you get out of the download mode by holding Volume Up and Power buttons for a few seconds.
So, that’s it. See how simple it was to install the Android 10 update on Galaxy Note 9. If you still got some doubt then do comment below and we will try to help you out.